The Center for Latin American Studies of CFAU was established in 2009. It is a loosely organized association aiming at academic research on Latin America and Caribbean, and knowledge transmission to the general public.
With the initiate of a Spanish program two years ago, the number of researchers is increased and research fields are expanded.
There are 8 researchers in our center with diversified academic background in history, international politics, mass communication, literature, and linguistics. We also have some guest researchers of retired diplomats or visiting scholars occasionally.
Projects finished and in progress:
1. “China and Brazil relations” in International Orders in a new Era: Great Power Relations and China’s Diplomacy
2. Evolution of Brazilian Diplomatic Concepts and the Transformation of Its Foreign Affairs Institution
3. Latin American’s Discourse on China’s Rising in “Comparative Studies on “China’s Rising” Discourse”
4. U.S. policy towards Latin America in 21st Century
5. “Chinese Culture Diplomacy towards Latin America” in “Chinese Culture Diplomacy”
Our publications included books, articles in academic journals and essays in magazines and newspapers.
Our center has close interaction with most key institutions of Latin America Studies in China and has exchange programs with some international institutions. In recent years we have hosted visiting scholars from La UNAM in Mexico, The University of Connecticut, and Universidad Externado de Colombia for short term exchange.
Contact Us: firstname.lastname@example.org
No.24, Zhanlan’guan Rd. Xicheng District, Beijing, China, 100037